Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tips, Tricks and Tools...

Sometimes I actually sit and wonder how in the world did I even think for myself before Pinterest?  How did any of us accomplish anything creative or get by in life without mixing your own cleaning products? There is not much in life that you can't do without a reference to Pinterest.

Moving into a new house or loving the one you're with and remodeling is prime time for Pinterest deep dives. I've collected some of my favorite tips, ticks and tools that I've pinned onto my boards for the new house or for future projects.

1. Can a girl ever have too many pillows on her bed?  That's even a silly question.  Here's a great pin that helps you get the Elle Decor cover for your own bed.

2. Dream laundry room that's both pretty and functional??  So you are finally building your dream house or your ripping out that old laundry room and it's grand linoleum floor?  This is a great reference!  

3. This one is like the holy grail of remodeling and updating.  Dina from Honey & Fitz always has great references for tips on remodeling or new homes.  Her blog is one of my daily reads.

4. STRIPES!  I love the look and hate the work.  But Megan over at Honey We're Home  has some awesome tips for stripe painting.

5. This is a favorite of mine... pattern mixing.  If you're like me sometimes you wonder if maybe those 3 pillows you have are maybe a little TOO much.  Or if the rug with the pillows with the throw is maybe a little overboard on the eyes.  Shannon at Burlap and Lace came to the rescue with her post and how to on pattern mixing.  It's amazing. 

So there's a few of my faves that I've definitely referred to my Design board on my pinterest site for ideas and tips with the new house.  Especially during this loooong winter some of us more than others are having, take a look at these with your coffee or hot cocoa this week! 

XO
Jaime 






No comments:

Post a Comment