Sunday, October 9, 2011

With a $5 stencil from Michaels and a few items I repurposed from other rooms, I created a fabulous focal point to an otherwise boring hallway!

I got this one from a Pinterest post, but it was super easy with some scrapbook paper and a fabulous invention called Mod Podge.

I got this sidetable for $30 from the Salvation Army.  Sprayed it with some turquoise paint and voila!  See below for how I did the top.  And P.S. the lamp is from Hobby Lobby, 50% off that I could not pass up!

I was on a Mod Podge kick this weekend and decided to use some spray adhesive to adhere pages of scrapbook paper to the top and then Mod Podged the top of it.  I think it turned out great and really original!

Here's my new wall.  The stars I had, I spray painted one the perfect shade of green I've been looking for and the other was my Pinterest project. One of my other weekend projects was some 50% off canvases from Michael's, scrapbook paper and Mod Podge (again!), they turned out great I think. Next project... see below.

A modified Pinterst project.  I had the frame made from moulding from Home Depot.  I spray painted it the same fabulous green as the star.  The wire is just plain hanging wire used to hand large pictures, that I hot glued to the frame.  Here's my input... I used a piece of an old white, linen shower curtain and hand painted grey circles.  (I like the circles aren't perfect and are homemade.)  Then with some dollar store clothes pins, I picked out some special family pictures and clipped them to the wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment