Friday, May 18, 2012

Quick, easy, cute!

Happy Friday!  It's a beautiful day here, I'm heading to 2 tent sales at my favorite antique spots this weekend and I'm feeling good!

Have a work baby shower today and I must admit that the thought of heading to Target to pick up a gift while I was laying on the couch catching up on this week's episode of Revenge at 7:30 last night... a gift card was looming around in my thoughts!  But I mustered up the energy and headed to Target.  After all I have only been once this week, and the red shirts miss me if I don't come in at least twice a week!

So as I rolled in, my creative juices started bubbling and that little jolt I get when I know something cute is about to happen was in full force.  I of course hit up the dollar section first, as I always do when I stroll into that red heaven.  Looking for cute containers to hold a baby gift... a cute polka dotted box with a pink ribbon handle?  A good possibility.  A too cute straw bag that screams summer and little girl and brings me back to my childhood?  Also a very good contender. Of course I take both and make my way to the baby section.  Let me just say, the thrill I get while strolling through the baby girl section far surpasses the thrill I get when I stroll through the boys section for my little men.  I love them, but one less body part and I'd have them covered in every shade of pink, swimming in ruffles and flowers and cuteness!  But I digress... Remember those little cotton jumpers that you had as a little girl?  All one piece, oozing with cuteness.  Add a pink bow barrette to hold my bangs back and you have my summer wardrobe for ages 4 - 8!  Target had SO many cute ones.  I walked back and forth and all around that baby girl section with 2 - 3 different rompers and dresses hanging from my finger every lap around.  I finally decided on 2.  Now I have the polka dotted box, the straw bag and 2 dresses as I stroll to the baby section for what else... accessories.  You can never accessorize too early.  A lesson in life if you ask me! Sunglasses?  The straw bag, the cute romper and a pink (duh!) pair of sunglasses?  Ding, ding, ding, I think we have a winner.  Add the sunglasses to my stash, but more strolling, there could be more.  Hold up... a pink floppy hat that matches the cute little pink sailboats on the dress?! SOLD!  I put the sunglasses back because a good hat just can't be matched when it matches your cute little dress.  Walked by the gift wrap aisle and picked up some tissue paper.  (Stashed the polka dot container and #2 dress in a random shelf because the dollar section was like 50 more steps and it's now like 8:15, I gotta get home for Greys (additional side note... WTF Greys?  Are you trying to make me get no sleep because I'm a basket case?!) anyways... Here's the finished product...
Seriously?  Does it get much cuter or more simple?  So next time you walk into Target for a last minute gift, let your creative juices flow, channel me and think WWJD?  (yes, it works for both me and Jesus!) Don't just grab a baby bag with Noah's ark on it, go through the kitchen aisles and look for a cute jar or the accessories section and look for a cute bag, the toys section, the home section.  The possibilities are endless!  And now I really want to bail on work and spend the morning at Target...

Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment