Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Back on track

It's been a long, long time since my last post.  But I've still been hard at work on new projects and ideas around the house.

I did some moving around a few weeks ago and moved the buffet in my dining room to my living room under the tv and I must admit, I love it.  It's one of my favorite things in the world to re-purpose furniture from one room to another.  A dining room buffet or hutch to a living room, a bedroom dresser to the living room or dining room.  It all works and I love it.


Now of course, it didn't look JUST like this in the dining room.  I had to mix it up even more.  I covered the fronts of the drawers with contact paper.  I've used that contact paper in so many projects and I love it! I think it turned out awesome on the drawer fronts.  And even when it was in my dining room, it wasn't meant for a dining room.  It's a bedroom chest of drawers that I got from Ikea about a year ago for my dining room.  See what I mean, I LOVE re-purposing furniture.  And of course I am equally in love with Ikea.

Here's a close up of just what's on top of the buffet...

The stand with green apples resided there in the dining room and I had to bring into the living room as well.I have some green mixes in my living room as well, so the apples fit right in.  The pic is me and my sister at her wedding of course.  The little bag next to the frame, that's what we carried down the aisle during the wedding instead of flowers. Um yeah, that was of course my idea! So now the pic and purse are a pair wherever they get staged in my home.  Art books, I love.  That top Orsay book my friends mom brought me back from Paris, so it's a special one.  The roses are from my front yard and yes I know they have about hit their shelf life!

On the other side is of course a pic of my favorite little man.  That's his 4 year old school pic.  I know, I need one of his new 1 month old brother, what a terrible aunt! More art books of course by my favorite Monet. The bowl is a favorite.  It's from my grandparents (who are no longer with us) china set from when they got married.  My mom gave me the set and I love using them around the house rather than food.  It holds my keys, sunglasses, mail and any other odd or end I have when I come in the door so I can grab it when I go out. And the other small container hold old pics from when I was a baby and old family pics.  I like that they're there for me or anyone to pick up and look through memories. 



And here's the whole look.  I love the empty frames so much, I think it's a look that I will keep for awhile.  The painted blue squares on the other hand have seen their better days and I'm itching to paint the whole LR/DR combo a new color.  I'm thinking grey, just need to actually do it.  I HATE to paint, but love new colors.  The chair I got at an antique store and love it to death. 

Happy hump day!



No comments:

Post a Comment