Sunday, February 5, 2012

Still alive!

Ok, it's been a long, long, long time since I've been on.  The holidays came and went and we're now into February if that's even possible! Crazy, crazy, crazy how much time flies. 

My Christmas projects all came out wonderful!  A lot of work, but it was totally worth it. 

Project 1 Mason jar soap dispensers
I started by gluing and then mod podging scrapbook paper circles to the lids...




Screwed them back on and then drilled holes in the tops for the pumps.  I just started saving pumps from my old Bath and Body and Target hand soaps and had them on hand when it was time to start my projects. 


And here's the finished product.  I used the big economy size liquid soaps from Target.  I think they came out pretty cute!

Project 2 Interchangeable ribbon watches
I started out with 4 spools of cute ribbon that I got from Hobby Lobby, 50% off of course! I started using watch faces from Michael's, but they didn't have much of a selection.  So we have a Potomac Bead Co. store around here, and I found really cute faces there for 1/2 the cost. 

I found Fray Check at JoAnn Fabrics that worked great for the ribbon ends to keep them from fraying. 

Here's the finished product.  Pretty cute I thought.

So finally some Christmas project updates. Hopefully I can think up some cute projects for next year to keep up! And now back to February and a new week tomorrow.  Hope everyone has a great Monday and  a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment