Saturday, February 25, 2012

What else can I make better?

So I classed up my mixer earlier this week and now I found something else to make even cuter.  I renovated a lot in my house last year, new carpet and hardwood being one of the projects.  I had no rugs on the hardwood for a long time just becuase I loved looking at it!  It looked SO much better than that old builder grade carpet and it was just so pretty that I didn't want to cover it up.  But as time went on and my heels scratched it up more and more, it was time for some rugs.  So after much searching I found the perfect fit for my hallway.  It was the perfect size, the perfect length, the perfect color, I loved it.  It's a seagrass rug, which 99% of the time I am not a big fan of.  But in small doses, like a hallway or a kitchen, I can take it.  Here's what it looks like...

Pretty standard, right?  BUT I made it 150% better and of course, cuter.  I got some brown acrylic paint, espresso to be exact.  I had a really cute stencil that I did a hallway wall with and there it was, a new rug reborn.

After I figured out the best configurations of the stencils, I sponge brushed it.  The stencil moves around a lot, so as the saying goes, slow and steady wins the race. 

And here it is...


So much better, right?! I'm still looking for a dining room rug, as you can see in that picture above there's nothing there yet.  Nothing has called out to me yet.   
Have a good weekend!  I'm on to the closet this afternoon.  It's a freakin' mess in there.  I have some ideas that I'll share next week.

1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring! :) Hope you are having a WONDERFUL weekend.
    -Erica

    ReplyDelete