Sunday, March 4, 2012

Why I love Target

Who doesn't love Target?!  There are many, many reasons why I heart it so very much.  But in this instance I love it for the inspiration it gave me to give a small wall complete functionality. I'm wasting time waiting for a prescription and roaming the aisles.  I came to the stationery and office supplies aisles.  Of course there was a clearance and of course a light bulb went off for me.

There were Martha Stewart's Real Simple office organizing items on clearance and I picked up a mail holder that was regularly 11.00 for 7.00.  Then I found some wall calendars for less than 3.00 on clearance, along with a small cork board/white board for 2.00.  That's when the light bulb went off..  I have this boring, dysfunctional wall where my thermostat is. It's always bothered me.  I'm not sure how a wall can bother a person, but it really did bother me.  Here it is...


















Boring, right?  And that candle holder is pathetic.  I'm ashamed  of it.  And there's never even been a candle in it.  See why this wall has bothered me?  But it took roaming the aisles at Target to be inspired.  Let's start with the cork board.  It was, well, boring.  I can only do function so much before style has to come into play.
Before..















After I glued some ribbon around it...














Much better, right?!  Now onto the mail sorter.  I wanted to come up with a way to hide the thermostat.  After a few tries with long nails and screws, some screw in hangers worked the best.















Pretty awesome, right?!  I can now sleep better tonight because my wall looks so much better!
Hope every had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment