Friday, January 3, 2014

A new year, a new shot at blogging...



So here I go again! A new year, a new chapter, and a new house. Why not start blogging again?!

After a looooong summer, I'm finally in the house I fell in love with. A lot more space, better neighborhood, great layout, and most importantly, a blank slate!!

One of the rooms I'm most fond of is my master bedroom. It's big and it's got 2 closets, and a lovely window seat, and 2 closets. Wait, did I mention 2 closets? Anyways, from the first time I saw my house back in June, I went home and by the time I went to bed that night, I knew how the whole house would look. Colors, furniture, stripes, stencils...it was all there. Especially the master.

Now I know there are a lot of different views on dark paint. Some less adventurous souls would never even think of colors with names that involve graphite or navy, but I'm so not one of those people. And when I pick one of those, I commit, fully. And my bedroom is navy. I love all things navy. Throw in some gold, which I totally did, and it just can't get any better. So here's what I did...


I wanted the wall behind my bed to have a pattern but wasn't feeling wallpaper. So enter Martha Stewart. Yep, she came over and helped me stencil. Ok, I just picked up some of her stencils at Michael's. But sometimes I said, that looks good, right Martha? while I was painting.


And now just like I'll spray paint anything that stands still, I'll throw some stencils on it too. A very cheap and easy way to make anything look more chic! Seriously, go grab some Martha stencils and go to town this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment