Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My little corner of the world for today...

Since moving in back in October, I was under the grossly naive assumption that everything would come together bing, bam, boom.  From the moment I saw this house, I knew it was mine.  I've had the design and the colors and furniture placement burned into my brain even before it was mine. As is the case most of the time when buying and selling, it takes a lot of time and A LOT of stress.  My case was no different for sure. It was a loooong summer.  So when it was finally mine I became totally overwhelmed and found myself in such a big design slump.  All of my ideas seemed to run out of my ears and disappear and honestly I didn't even have the desire to do anything.  Totally unlike me.  Projects and styling and moving furniture has always been my outlet, the only thing that made me forget about everything else going on in my life.  And once I moved in and had so much more space to fill and paint and style, I wanted nothing to do with it.

I say all that to say I'm slowly coming back to life and getting out my hammer and paint brush!  And even after being here for 3 months, this wall is finally done with a capital D...




(So obviously I'm still working on my picture quality!)

That peacock blue was one of those thoughts filed in the big design filing cabinet in my brain.  I love it.  I've always loved it and never once doubted how great it would look.  The rest of the room is not as bold, it's a nice light grey. They go together like carrots and peas.

Most of the pictures around the tv are from antique or thrift stores.  I just started at one end and took a stab at it and I must say I love it.  I feel like it's the perfect scale for the tv and wall.  And those sconces... I am so in love with them.  I love the fact that they are ribbons.  Here's a closer look...


I found them this past weekend at a new antique store I found.  They were only $40 for the pair.  I got a pair of candles for them, but only one pack of course because I wasn't thinking, but the more I look at them, the more I kinda like them without candles. I don't know... we'll see. They are currently on my list of top antique store finds.

And my little reading corner, well she's a work in progress.  I love that chair.  I got her in Home Goods on clearance because the legs were scratched up.  What pretty girl doesn't have a few dings and scratches?  So she came home with me.  BUT I'm really thinking a big plushy, comfy chair with an ottoman will serve me better to sit down with a good book.  I'm on the hunt.  But until then, this is perfectly pretty and acceptable. The mirror on the floor??  I'm digging it there.  My mom came over and said she thinks it looks dumb. Word for word... It looks dumb.  Not the first thing we've disagreed about and certainly will not be the last, so I'm ok with my defiance of her opinion.  And in true daughter form, maybe that's why I like it even more.. HA!

In keeping with the reading corner theme, my two favorite books... Charlotte's Web and Anne of Green Gables.  I love them there.


So that's my little corner of the world for today.  I promise to get better at pictures! 



No comments:

Post a Comment