Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Small change, BIG impact!

My favorite thing is always the little things.  An unexpected card, finding a few dollars in your pocket, a text that makes you smile... you know, just those little things that make you feel warm and smiley!!  Well those emotions even boil over to design for me.  Maybe even more so in some cases.

In this case most especially.  Can we talk about knobs?!  I think they are on the top of the small change, big impact list.  Something as small as a knob or a pull can change the look of your kitchen or an old dresser you have, or anything really, even some cute boxes you have.

I stopped into design and craft heaven this weekend, Hobby Lobby aka HobLob.  While strolling the aisles, which is pretty dangerous, I come across the knob and pull aisles and wouldn't you know it... they were 1/2 off.  Have you been down that aisle?  They have glass knobs and pulls, they have detailed and painted knobs, they even had different colored jeweled knobs that would look so cute in a girl's room.  My point is, these knobs and pulls aren't just your plain jane's or low quality, they were so chic and rich looking and ranging from $1.99 to $9.99 for some of the larger ones.  Go to some of the tile or design store and you'll pay up to triple that!  And then they were giving us an even greater gift and knocking them 1/2 off!

I like the look of different knobs on the drawers and cabinets in kitchens.  And it's a great money saver too. The larger, more ornate knobs and pulls are a little more, so use those on your drawers which in typical kitchens, there are less of than cabinets.  And that's just what I did.  Check out the difference it made!

Peace out boring silver, hello, shiny black!  As you can see my appliances are black and you can see the touch of black in my counters too.  Black just make so much more design sense, right?! I am so in love with the touch of gold in the drawer knobs.

I was off by 3 knobs of course.  I stood in that aisle for at least 15 minutes picking them out and going over in my mind a good 4 - 5 times trying to count how many I'd need.  Because as usual I did not go into HobLob with the intention of picking these up. That's where the best projects come from though, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment