Thursday, January 16, 2014

Lamps on the cheap

Can we talk about how much of an impact lamps can make?  And can we talk about how much impact they can make on your wallet too?!  Last year was a like a literal light bulb moment for me.  Get it? :)  I don't think there are very many things that I used to decorate the new house that are brand spanking new.  I just don't get that same warm fuzzy if I buy it new than if I hunt at antique/thrift/consignment/etc... That feeling that you get when you find the right shaped lamp or the perfect sized accessory... and then it's 3 bucks!!!  You just don't get that feeling at the mall.  (Ok, sometimes I get that warm fuzzy in the mall too, or at Home Goods, or the outlet mall, etc, etc, etc!)

And then looking for a PAIR of lamps?!?!  Forget it, 3 months later and a defiance to spend $300, you still have nada.  So, enter the consignment shop and these beauties (in mid transformation).  The flower took a few coats of paint to cover, but the shape is exactly what I wanted. I love a plain jane lamp.

And here's the best part... They were $18 FOR THE PAIR!!!  Seriously, where are you going to find that anywhere else?! 

So here's a not so good pic of where they were intended, but you can still appreciate their beauty in a dark iPhone pic.  (The headboard is in since this pic too!) 

Happy Thursday!!




No comments:

Post a Comment